To what extent would they say that it is plagiarism?

Guest Viska

On March 6 I have to submit my two written tasks. I am not worried about WT2 because it is a critical essay and I have put reference in it as well. However for my WT1- the creative one- I have got a lot of inspiration from the internet about personal letters to Daisy (from Great Gatsby) and know I have used the free plagiarism checker online to see how much I got from the internet. I am worried since I do not want to be expelled and when I did the WT1 from last year I did not realize how serious people took when it comes to plagiarism. Now I just want to ask you all if they will scan our WTs' for English. I know they certainly did if for my IAs and EE etc? To what extent will the teachersay to me that I need to make a new one? I mean I think we all use internet sometimes to get some inspirations and sometimes I think the words used are suited perfectly for my task. Is it possible to just make a bibliography so they know that I have used the internet to write my WT1?

I hope you are able to answer my questions!

Viska

On March 6 I have to submit my two written tasks. I am not worried about WT2 because it is a critical essay and I have put reference in it as well. However for my WT1- the creative one- I have got a lot of inspiration from the internet about personal letters to Daisy (from Great Gatsby) and know I have used the free plagiarism checker online to see how much I got from the internet. I am worried since I do not want to be expelled and when I did the WT1 from last year I did not realize how serious people took when it comes to plagiarism. Now I just want to ask you all if they will scan our WTs' for English. I know they certainly did if for my IAs and EE etc? To what extent will the teachersay to me that I need to make a new one? I mean I think we all use internet sometimes to get some inspirations and sometimes I think the words used are suited perfectly for my task. Is it possible to just make a bibliography so they know that I have used the internet to write my WT1?

Viska

First of all, did you hand it in online or a hard copy? If it's a hard copy then it wouldn't matter.

Viska

First of all, did you hand it in online or a hard copy? If it's a hard copy then it wouldn't matter.

Ï have not asked her but we usually send it electromically and two hard copies. Perhaps our teacher scan it first so we got it all clear. I think even though we send it on paper they can still scan it and find something, don't you think?

Yes you should reference with footnotes and make a bibliography. Trust me this will give you peace of mind because even if you did copy and paste something but referenced it with the right citation, you should be fine.

Yes you should reference with footnotes and make a bibliography. Trust me this will give you peace of mind because even if you did copy and paste something but referenced it with the right citation, you should be fine.

Thank you for your answer. I will ask my teacher if she can my paper from a checker which my school uses, and I will put reference notes from there.

Viska

Ï have not asked her but we usually send it electromically and two hard copies. Perhaps our teacher scan it first so we got it all clear. I think even though we send it on paper they can still scan it and find something, don't you think?

it is almost impossible to scan the hard copy. They have to write the whole thing down on their own in order to get it through plagiarism control. However, I am quite sure that your teacher went through the plagiarism control. If she found anything then she would have notified you in forehand.