What to study for French SL

Zoe Faith

So I have just started IB and I am aiming for a 6 or 7 in French but I am not sure how to reach that goal. I am so far learning 25 new words/phrases a week along with the present, perfect, imperfect, future and condition tense of four verbs. (This is self appointed)

Should I be doing more study for French?

Should I be focasing on verbs rather than vocab or vocab rather then verbs?

And also should I be doing any practice essays on the topics I am learning and if so how often.

Any tips or advice would be amazing!

Thank you.

Try this site. Your French Disney-land. I haven't found better.

Just browse, dip in, play around -- let the subconconscious learning kick. It happens when you think nothing is going on. So little of this happens at school. But at home, lying on the floor, sitting on the bog... Works especially well for languages.

Edited by Blackcurrant

I think you are doing a great job revising the words and all the different conjuction and so on but I think that the real way to be able to read, write, and speak French is through interactions with French speakers. That is why I think it would be truly beneficial for you to spend some time in France as an exchange student or something that will allow you to spend a lot of time practicing your French.

I used to take German and no matter how many words I learnt every week, I felt that talking German with others was more beneficial for me since it helped my listening skills in the language and I felt that I was able to use a wider range of vocabulary to a greater extent.