Issues with my theme

IB-ian

Heyy everyone...
First of all, thank you for reading this post, and possibly trying to answer my problems as well...

I am an HL student (option A)

A few months ago, I started off with the topic "Hindu Architecture in India". I had planned several pieces and everything was working out just fine... but eventually, I realised that this topic was too rigid, and did not allow me to experiment much, or express any personal connection with the topic.

In future, I intend to take up architecture, and I had chosen this theme to help me create a stronger portfolio for my future...

Also, when I looked at other sample IWB pages and works, I feel i've been doing the whole thing wrong...

I'm done with 5 paintings.. and the problem seems to be that I can't change my theme...

I am utterly confused with how to go about.... how to bring personal connection here....what to include in my works and IWBs.... in short....everything...

Hopefully someone would be able to guide me here,...

Thank you for reading this and giving it your time,...

Regards...

It does seem like your topic is too rigid, perhaps you could widen it to include how hindu philosophy was incorporated into the architecture? by that i mean how buddhism/islam may have influenced wall murals and other aspects of indian architecture.

If you were planning to impress your uni maybe you should do your extended essay on Architecture (you can do that if your extended essay is based on Art or DT) (though in DT you would have to actually design a house, while in art you'd just be researching different forms of architecture).

Anywho, you should consider choosing a wider topic (since you've only done 5 pieces)- you don't have to *change* your theme, merely choose a theme under which your current theme belongs. For instance you could choose the topic of how personal views and beliefs are expressed through architecture, and then go on to do more artworks about architecture in different places around the world, that way it won't be as focused as it is, and it would still be relevant to your current paintings.

I really think you should focus more on wall murals than the actual architecture (its easier to sketch anyhow)

did that answer your question? I'm sorry but i don't see how you could make more artworks about your current topic.