Internal assessment formats

YellowSpider

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post those or not but anyway, I need some help.

I'm compiling all my IAs now and I was wondering whether you could tell me about the format in which our IAs should be submitted. By this I mean what font, size and all that kind of stuff. You can see what subjects I do below and please let me know if it's different for every subject.

Thanks,

Mishi

Make your font something common and readable like Times new roman or calibri. I usually used size 11 or 12 font and have your line spacing as either 1.5 or 2. Include page numbers, and I also put my name and candidate number as the header for each page, but that's not mandatory. Similarly, a cover page looks nice but you're not obliged to include in in IAs. Formatting is the same for all your subjects.

• Like 2

The standard formatting for most academic writings are point 12 times new roman. It is not required but the graders like double spaced best. Your paper is just one of many tests in a graders stack after reading 30 the last thing you want to do is read small print cramped together. It is also best for them to write notes in between the lines. Make sure your IB candidate code is on the cover sheet of all your papers and that your last name and page number is on every page in the top right header (not including the cover page). If you have any other questions feel free to message me or what not.

• Like 2

Don't forget margins. Basically, the best advice is: don't try to save paper. Double space, 11 or 12 font size, preferably Times New Roman or Arial (I personally always go for Arial), enough space for the moderator to be able to write on it comfortably.

• Like 1

Make your font something common and readable like Times new roman or calibri. I usually used size 11 or 12 font and have your line spacing as either 1.5 or 2. Include page numbers, and I also put my name and candidate number as the header for each page, but that's not mandatory. Similarly, a cover page looks nice but you're not obliged to include in in IAs. Formatting is the same for all your subjects.

The standard formatting for most academic writings are point 12 times new roman. It is not required but the graders like double spaced best. Your paper is just one of many tests in a graders stack after reading 30 the last thing you want to do is read small print cramped together. It is also best for them to write notes in between the lines. Make sure your IB candidate code is on the cover sheet of all your papers and that your last name and page number is on every page in the top right header (not including the cover page). If you have any other questions feel free to message me or what not.

Don't forget margins. Basically, the best advice is: don't try to save paper. Double space, 11 or 12 font size, preferably Times New Roman or Arial (I personally always go for Arial), enough space for the moderator to be able to write on it comfortably.

Thanks guys :D

does this apply to the Physics IAs as well? should i double space them as well?

Gaby what do you mean margins? any specific point of margins?

what about borders? I've got borders on my phyisics IAs. should i add borders to every other IA?

Thanks guys :D

does this apply to the Physics IAs as well? should i double space them as well?

Gaby what do you mean margins? any specific point of margins?

what about borders? I've got borders on my phyisics IAs. should i add borders to every other IA?

What I meant is that you should just leave the margins the way they are by default, some people remove them and the text runs from one edge to another.

• Like 1