HELP! How difficult is Economics HL?

Hello Everyone!

Could those who have chosen Economics HL give me a true, honest opinion on the subject.

These are my current Subjects

Maths HL (Will drop to SL)

English HL

Economics HL

Latin SL

Music HL

Chem HL

Will drop to 3 HL and SL's end of this year.

I am currently scoring 7 in all exams.

Could you please tell me how difficult is ecos HL?

Is it a subject where the 'HL' lies in the actual amount of theory work or is it a 'HL' because the actual final exam papers are legit difficult like Maths HL.

If a ****load of effort and work is put into ecos HL, will it secure a 7?

For example, maths HL is theory heavy AND the final exam is very difficult. Therefore, regardless of the amount of time poured into the subject, the final exam would still be difficult as no matter how well u know the theory, the difficulty lies in the level of questions in the final paper. So it is a theory heavy and exam-difficult subject. On the other hand, Chem HL is very theory heavy however, the final exam is not AS difficult so it becomes a manageable subject.

So is the final Economics HL Exam (s) extremely difficult like maths Hl where even if u know the theory, the question is really demanding or is it a 'HL' in that there is a ****load of work but the final exam questions are not easy but are manageable?

Thanks alot for you input!

James

Hey,

I am currently doing Economics Hl. My current grade is B (6 in ib)

I am also doing Math Hl. My current grade is A (7)

I think you should take both math and eco Hl it adds to your profile.

Eco HL is a lot of hardwork. Especially with 3 papers.

But it is fun.

Which textbook are you using is also a question???

Scoring a 7 in eco hl is relativley easier as compared to math.

But not very easy.

Hope this helps

Hello Everyone!

Could those who have chosen Economics HL give me a true, honest opinion on the subject.

These are my current Subjects

Maths HL (Will drop to SL)

English HL

Economics HL

Latin SL

Music HL

Chem HL

Will drop to 3 HL and SL's end of this year.

I am currently scoring 7 in all exams.

Could you please tell me how difficult is ecos HL?

Is it a subject where the 'HL' lies in the actual amount of theory work or is it a 'HL' because the actual final exam papers are legit difficult like Maths HL.

If a ****load of effort and work is put into ecos HL, will it secure a 7?

For example, maths HL is theory heavy AND the final exam is very difficult. Therefore, regardless of the amount of time poured into the subject, the final exam would still be difficult as no matter how well u know the theory, the difficulty lies in the level of questions in the final paper. So it is a theory heavy and exam-difficult subject. On the other hand, Chem HL is very theory heavy however, the final exam is not AS difficult so it becomes a manageable subject.

So is the final Economics HL Exam (s) extremely difficult like maths Hl where even if u know the theory, the question is really demanding or is it a 'HL' in that there is a ****load of work but the final exam questions are not easy but are manageable?

Thanks alot for you input!

James

The difficulty in econs HL (and SL to be honest) is in the exam. Not in the difficulty of the questions, which are fairly standard, but in the time limits.

Theory in HL econs is a very small extension on top of the SL syllabus, and there is a math paper too, but it's rather simple.

The real test is in trying to write a cohesive essay or two in under an hour and thirty minutes, under exam pressure. However, if you are very well prepared, even this part becomes as easy as pie. Preparing will take up quite a bit of time, of course, but for me it was nowhere near as intense or as time consuming as math HL.

Econs HL is definitely one of the easier "legitimate" HLs, and it's a good idea to continue doing it.

• Like 1

It's probably the easiest higher level course. You just have to memorize a couple lists, definitions and diagrams and be ready to evaluate. Also take timed practice exams with a pen. There are great practice exams on the Economics for the IB Diploma (Tragakes) textbook and CD.

It's probably the easiest higher level course. You just have to memorize a couple lists, definitions and diagrams and be ready to evaluate. Also take timed practice exams with a pen. There are great practice exams on the Economics for the IB Diploma (Tragakes) textbook and CD.

Yes - get the book r1111 said. It's really really good. The CD is exceptionally useful for paper 3 questions. I found doing all the P1 and P2 questions on the CD is a little bit of an overkill, but they're also fantastic. The book itself is slightly wordy, but this is good. You get lots of knowledge, and this knowledge is still very relevant to the course. It can only make your answers better.

• Like 2

Hey,

I am currently doing Economics Hl. My current grade is B (6 in ib)

I am also doing Math Hl. My current grade is A (7)

I think you should take both math and eco Hl it adds to your profile.

Eco HL is a lot of hardwork. Especially with 3 papers.

But it is fun.

Which textbook are you using is also a question???

Scoring a 7 in eco hl is relativley easier as compared to math.

But not very easy.

Hope this helps

Hey!

We're using the 'economics for the ib diploma' by tragakes at school.

Hope this helps and thanks!

Thanks everyone for your input!

It's really helpful!

Thanks!