IB Psych

IBgrl28x

Next year I was thinking of taking IB psych as my elective - is this a good choice? I am interested in genetics and autism research - would this class be good for my interests?Also, how hard is the class and what do you like about it? Thank you- any info is greatly appreciated!

i absolutely loved my psych class. (i did SL) and for me, it was easy... I'm good with the reading/memorizing type classes.

However, I don't know how much Psych would line up with your interests. (I'm pretty familar with the HL syllabus, too, as most of my friends are taking it and we studied together) It mostly depends on which options your teacher chooses for paper 2. We did dysfunctional, which did cover autism really quickly, but not nearly in depth enough as I think you'd like. Genetics might be more involved in another option (developmental?) but I can't say for sure.

But either way, those two interests shouldn't show up at all (unless maybe in a random example) in studying for paper 1, which for us was 3/4 of the course...

• 2 months later...

What is the BEST way to write a hypothesis for your Psychology Internal Assessment?
I am very confused as to how long it should be and what should be included. Also how should it be written?
Sorry for all the questions but i'd be really thankful if anyone could help out!

• 1 month later...

It's a highly unstructured class. So if you like things that are clear cut...psychology isn't for you. There is a lot...and I mean a lot. of essay writing and finding evidentiary support. plus all of the different opinons and evalutations of those opinions.
Really...i feel it's a very messy subject and it may not cover the autism; it depends what your teacher chooses. Biology is probably a better bet if you aren't already doing it.

Hope that helps! It can be interesting! But it's hard to know what to study and there is a tonne of memorising which you will actually use very little of.