Just finished CAS in India. Has anyone else had the opportunity to visit here?

Hi everybody,

Our school, THINK Global School, just finished up a term in Hyderabad, India, that included some pretty amazing CAS opportunities. We partnered with a local school in Kondikal village, and over the course of the term we were able to get to know the children that lived here better while we repainted their school and built a boundary wall. Here are some photos from our time there: http://thinkglobalschool.org/service-activities-in-india/

I'd be really interested to read about service work that others have done in foreign countries, and to see if anyone has had the chance to visit India. It's an amazing country, and I think that all of our students got a lot out of it.

I've attached a photo of our new friends :)

post-125811-0-78600400-1390344163_thumb.

• Like 1

Well, I am an Indian living in India, so I definitely don't need to go there :P I have never been in Hyderabad but I know it's pretty similar to Delhi. My school is an urban school offering IB and ISC. Our class painted a school in a village close to my city, our work was almost similar to the job you guys have done (Before that, we did some digging and stacked bricks one on top of the other). Since there are a lot of social and economic problems (poverty, diseases) in India, our class has participated in a lot of Service activities. Other than that, I've been to France as an exchange student from my school.

I'm glad you liked my country :) Americans do like India because it is a completely different experience, just like it's for us in America! We had some American students from a California private school visit our school and look around town a few days. They too admired lots of things.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of us from my school went to the Philippines last June for a week and we helped out at this impoverished community. We helped teach at the school there and it was such a great experience. We also went snorkelling and planted mangroves, the nature in the Philippines is absolutely wonderful. We even went knee boarding at this small resort by the South China Sea. But the highlight of the trip was going up an active volcano on horseback. The view was out of this world! We also had some downtime and went to some of the biggest malls in this world. They were so huge that some of us even got lost in them lol

Im from India but I haven't ever lived there, always been living abroad so I haven't seen much of my own country. I hope do to that soon after IB is finished :-)

1002994_10201582868832987_1532086370_n.j

Lake Taal with the active volcano