Ideas for History IA?

Badalyan

Hey people, any ideas for history IA?

Currently I've got this topic:

To what extent can Turkey’s actions towards Armenian population in 1915 be accurately described as the deliberate and systematic destruction of Armenian national group (genocide)?

However I'd like to know some other topics because I find this one a bit broad and boring.

I don't think this would really make a good IA topic because the answer is obvious. When the event in question with your IA is known as the "Armenian Genocide" you're kind of just stating what is already known.

You can still work with the Ottoman Empire's relations with Armenians or the genocide itself, your question just needs to be reworked a bit. Perhaps look into causes and see what was the most important factor in causing the genocide, or perhaps a practice of the genocide itself? Or how much a certain figure (either on the Armenian side or Ottoman side) was of importance to the event? Or even possibly the outcome or effects of the genocide as a topic.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have just used this topic and finished my IA, I based it around Benjamin Lieberman's book "Genocides of the 20th century".

And my History teacher said the IA title was really good by the way, hahah

I don't think this would really make a good IA topic because the answer is obvious. When the event in question with your IA is known as the "Armenian Genocide" you're kind of just stating what is already known.

You can still work with the Ottoman Empire's relations with Armenians or the genocide itself, your question just needs to be reworked a bit. Perhaps look into causes and see what was the most important factor in causing the genocide, or perhaps a practice of the genocide itself? Or how much a certain figure (either on the Armenian side or Ottoman side) was of importance to the event? Or even possibly the outcome or effects of the genocide as a topic.

Lets see how that goes.