Hey guys!

Recently I've become quite anxious with Economics because my teacher increased my grade. While I did work hard to achieve the better grade, I have practically no confidence that I will be able to get that grade for my final exams. And I don't want to disappoint my teacher. :( There's just so much to remember for economics and sometimes it's difficult to memorise the content because I find it hard to understand the concepts.

Any of your tips, notes, opinions, your experience etc. on how you did well in HL Economics that you would like to share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hey guys!

Recently I've become quite anxious with Economics because my teacher increased my grade. While I did work hard to achieve the better grade, I have practically no confidence that I will be able to get that grade for my final exams. And I don't want to disappoint my teacher. :( There's just so much to remember for economics and sometimes it's difficult to memorise the content because I find it hard to understand the concepts.

Any of your tips, notes, opinions, your experience etc. on how you did well in HL Economics that you would like to share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, I do HL econ and from experience i'd say there's nothing better than practice (this applies to every subject). Well, you may think there's a lot to remember (there certainly is :P ) but i think once you understand every concept, all you have to do is revise and practice.

Here's what I did for my IGCSE exams and I'm going to do pretty much the same this time. I read the text book thoroughly and made notes at the same time. After that, i barely looked at my text book. I revised my notes and practiced past papers. I then felt the change in my level of writing.

We've got essay questions so you have to be able to write well. Don't get discouraged if you aren't able to write well in the first few practice questions. You could ask your teacher to tell you where you're going wrong or I don't mind helping either. But you need to go through the whole syllabus first, because there's also paper 3 which is based on numerical questions. So plan out a proper schedule and start studying. If you don't like making notes you could skip that part and start the past papers right after reading.

If you need any help with the concepts I'd be glad to help out. Good luck :)

Edited by MISHI
  • Like 3