French B SL Paper 1

Hi so my practice paper 1 for french is in a few days and it's worth a great deal of my semester mark but I have no idea how to prepare for it... We've done some practice ones in class before but we only did 2 texts max. at a time but I don't know how many texts are supposed to be in Paper 1.. I'm doing really bad in french right now because of how poorly i do on these practice papers so i really need to improve my mark drastically. I have some questions and if you could answer them that'd be great !

1. How many texts are there?

2. What is the actual format of the paper?

3. Types of questions?

4. Is there just questions for each text all in the same format?

If you have any other tips/advice or helpful information regarding the Paper 1, please tell me because I really need help!! Thanks in advance ~

there are three texts for paper one in french, A,B, and C, each is slightly more difficult than the previous, the questions are probably of a similr format to the practise ones which you have done, with questions on comprehension, with a focus on grammar. the texts are based on worldwide issues, so to practise i like to go to a french newspaper online and find an article, then everytime i see a pronoun i find which noun it refers to, if there is a word i don't understand, i guess the meaning from the context then i look it up to see if i was correct. if you have an ib text book with comprehension then it will be useful to go over those even if you have already done it before. also you should be able to find past exam papers online to practise with. http://www.freeexampapers.com/index.php/?location=IB%2FFrench%2FFrench+B

• Like 1