Written Task 2 Prescribed questions (HL)

Hi guys!

So we are currently trying to finish the Written Tasks, and I'm on Written Task 2 (English A: Language and literature HL). I know that my response must be based on one of the six prescribed questions, but where are they??

Is my teacher supposed to give us the questions or can we just take them straight out of the IB guide for Language A: language and literature?

My teacher has been really vague about this one...

Thanks for your help already! :)

I myself take the exact course and you seem like a bit late however you need to get them from the IBO. But this one is not like the ToK you either analyze a text or compare two texts according to the given question that you chose.

1. How could the text be read and interpreted differently by two different readers?

2. If the text had been written in a different time or place or language or for a different audience, how and why might it differ?

3. How and why is a social group represented in a particular way?

4. Which social groups are marginalized, excluded or silenced within the text?

5. How does the text conform to, or deviate from, the conventions of a particular genre, and for what purpose?

6. How has the text borrowed from other texts, and with what effects?

(these are the official titles)

I wish you the best of luck and inspiration when doing your second written task.

Source: (http://ibenglanglit201213.edublogs.org/at-a-glance-the-lang-and-lit-course/written-task-2-hl-only/)

• Like 1