French Oral

Well the best way to study for a French Oral exam is to speak it as often as you can. Another good way would to be to look up those topics sur Sante, Loirsair and Costume et Tradition and look at words you see repeated many times or words you think might be important to you and write them down. this will help expand your vocabulary for your oral and the higher and greater of a vocabulary you will have the better grade you will recieve! :) I am French who is studying in California and i am also doing IB French HL and this is the way i would study for my oral :b

Yeah as someone who has done the IB French oral exam last year, I found that the best way to study was to talk about these topics as often as possible. It's all about vocabulary actually. Besides this, ask your teacher if she is willing to conduct mini mock orals to get you prepared for the final. My teacher did this and then depending on where we were lacking, she would give us feedback. It really helps to see where and how you need to improve.

good luck :)

If your oral is a presentation of a topic of your choosing, just write down a script and try to memorize it.

If it is the picture exam (where you're given a picture and talk about it for 10min), just BS what your teacher would want to hear. Basically, this means you should be accommodating towards every culture and say how you love people of all races. These two points can be applicable to most topics and you can transition this BS into how IB is so useful because it provides students with an international perspective, etc. I think the key to these types of presentations is that you want to be leading the discussion into an area of your expertise (because you can prepare and memorize certain vocab and french phrases) instead of your teacher doing the BSing for you, which may lead to a very hard and painful discussion about a topic you know nothing about.

Edited by by.andrew

Looking back on my French ab initio oral, the most helpful thing was talking with someone. My best friend and I would just set aside time and just talk in French for a good hour or so about three or four times per week leading up to the oral. And yeah, if the teacher can do mock orals or at least a mini-oral it definitely shows you areas of improvement. Another tip is to memorize some good sayings or a tricky verb conjugation (such as subjunctives) that can be applied to almost any topic and just chuck it in when you do your oral. It'll hopefully get you some extra points.