Common App submission problem

Hooman Tavassolian

Hey Guys,

I submitted my application via Common App on Jan 31st then the very next day I received an Email from that university telling me that my application was not successfully submitted while my common app account shows that the application and writing supplement have been submitted successfully( that green marks).

I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

Same happened to me with NYU. just email the common app or call them and let them know what is going on. also contact the school and let them know that there is an issue with the common app, with NYU they contacted the common app directly and received all my information within the hour. i hope that helped.

• Like 1

Yeah, Common App is just a bit of a technological fail, considering the volume of college admissions that need to be and should be processed properly. Whilst I didn't have issues with the Common App/Supplement, my teacher couldn't submit a reference. Contact each university, and then they should be able to get in touch with Common App. Otherwise, if all else really fails, download the PDFs from Common App (which you should be able to do with the green marks?) and that could be sent directly to each university. In my experience at least, universities understand that there are major technical issues that aren't the fault of the student.

Guest Marioti

Same happened to me with NYU. just email the common app or call them and let them know what is going on. also contact the school and let them know that there is an issue with the common app, with NYU they contacted the common app directly and received all my information within the hour. i hope that helped.

Yea for me it was NYU also.

:c

Just contact them

did they immediately respond about your submission? they didn't send me any email after i submit my app and once i asked them whether something was wrong, i was asked to be patient and wait since there are thousands of apps coming in :S

did they immediately respond about your submission? they didn't send me any email after i submit my app and once i asked them whether something was wrong, i was asked to be patient and wait since there are thousands of apps coming in :S

they sent me an automatic email that just told me what was going on and that they would contact me personally once it was sorted out. i got a personal email a couple days later saying that my application was being processed and that they would contact me with any other details when the time comes.

they sent me an automatic email that just told me what was going on and that they would contact me personally once it was sorted out. i got a personal email a couple days later saying that my application was being processed and that they would contact me with any other details when the time comes.

okay i'm supposed to be worried now. haha anyway, thanks

Don't worry if the automatic email thing doesn't arrive soon. Sometimes it does take longer to process and as long as you get it soon, it should be alright. :)

Don't worry if the automatic email thing doesn't arrive soon. Sometimes it does take longer to process and as long as you get it soon, it should be alright. :)

Yeah i got their mail. thanks :)