How hard to get a level 7 in HL B&M? Tips?

Traditionally, the lower boundary for a 7 is somewhere around 70-73% (slightly higher for SL). Obviously it's not easy, but with hard work and a lot of practice I've started getting many more 6/7s on tests rather than the 3/4s I was getting at the start of last term.

The best thing is to do more case studies!! In all the markschemes we've seen in school, business theory gets you half the points but nothing more if you don't apply it to the case study!

Also if you have Paul Hoang's textbook (it's huge and tedious, but it's very thorough) that is an excellent resource. An even better one in my opinion is ibbusinessandmanagement.com. Mr. Burton is absolutely amazing. There are videos, powerpoint notes, summaries, case studies, pretty much everything you could want is on that site. It saved my business grade last semester. ;)

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Also (whoops forgot to post this earlier) Paper 1 will be ENTIRELY based off of the 2014 pre-released case study that I uploaded to the files section like two weeks ago. XD or you can search for it on google.

But at any rate, this is usually seen as the easiest of the papers because you can get a sense of what they'll ask about beforehand (recurring topics seem to be organization structure and sources of finance, among other things). Read it. Know it. Study it. Memorize it. You won't have a lot of time during the actual exam to go back to it. So if you maximize your score on this paper you can afford to make more mistakes in the IA/other papers.