Learning a language for CAS

John Lakers

I think that learning a new language counts for CAS, as long its not your IB language. I currently take Spanish B SL and I want to learn either French or Portuguese to fulfill the 'Creativity' part of my CAS hours. I will learn my language at home through Rosetta Stone. However, the only supervisor available are my parents, but my guidance counselor won't allow parents to be CAS supervisors. How is it possible to learn a language for CAS? How do you log the hours in Managebac?

I know a girl at my school took Italian classes at our school for CAS, and the teacher was her supervisor. Perhaps you could ask a teacher at your school? I don't know it it has to be someone who knows the language, but I don't think it has to be (if the teacher trusts you when you tell them you've learnt some of the language). Or perhaps you could ask a friend who's 18? (My friends and I supervise each other all the time... As long as the coordinator approves it that's fine too).

You should be able to log the hours like you usually do, keep track on how much time you spend learning the language and put down as many hours as you do :)