flinquinnster

It's that time of the year when US applications are starting to pile up, and Common App becomes your most visited website. For anyone else trying to apply through Common App, have you had major technical issues? One of my teacher recommendations has apparently been filled in, but it can't be submitted and has a screen with a spinning wheel and "PDF generation in progress. Please be patient." Both my teacher and I have sent off support tickets using the Common App help centre or whatever it's called, but there hasn't been a response yet.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to get over the specific issue of the PDF-in-progress screen? I'd even appreciate hearing from other people about whether their technical issues have been speedily resolved by Common App, and how long the wait is to receive a response to an inquiry. :) If worse comes to worse, I was thinking of removing that particular recommendation and making my teacher fill it in again with a new invite, but the same issue may recur again.

Common App not having a phone number may be more efficient, but it does remove the opportunity of actually speaking/shouting at someone over the phone, which is quite cathartic. :)

I really have no idea how to help you, but i have heard from many people that most problems can be solved by taking down the Firewall of your computer, which might be related to uploading the PDF to CommonApp.

I know this tip might sound incredibly stupid, but it did solve various issues for many people

Good luck,

-Fiz

It's that time of the year when US applications are starting to pile up, and Common App becomes your most visited website. For anyone else trying to apply through Common App, have you had major technical issues? One of my teacher recommendations has apparently been filled in, but it can't be submitted and has a screen with a spinning wheel and "PDF generation in progress. Please be patient." Both my teacher and I have sent off support tickets using the Common App help centre or whatever it's called, but there hasn't been a response yet.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to get over the specific issue of the PDF-in-progress screen? I'd even appreciate hearing from other people about whether their technical issues have been speedily resolved by Common App, and how long the wait is to receive a response to an inquiry. :) If worse comes to worse, I was thinking of removing that particular recommendation and making my teacher fill it in again with a new invite, but the same issue may recur again.

Common App not having a phone number may be more efficient, but it does remove the opportunity of actually speaking/shouting at someone over the phone, which is quite cathartic. :)

check these links out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marjorie-hansen-shaevitz/the-top-6-questions-common-app_b_4067911.html

http://www.collegemapper.com/blog/2013/10/what-to-do-if-youre-having-trouble-with-the-common-app/

hopefully your questions can be answered now.

If not, sorry for wasting your time :P

Try to log in via chrome, firefox and or maxthon and see how that works. It took me around two minutes to generate my PDF.