HL Written Tasks Requirements

gotti

Are we supposed to have 4 written tasks, with one for each part of the course? So, one task on part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4?

Or is it alright if I have 1 in part 1, 1 in part 2 and two in part 4 and none in part 3, as long as I send two WTs to IB, where one is from Part 1 & 2 and one is from Part 3 & 4? (Confusing, I know)

Also, In Part 3, if I choose to write a written task, does the source have to be from the Prescribed texts? Or can it be an article from the internet?

Im sort of confused. :P

I can't say for HL but for SL we have to do 3 WT's. We first did one from Part4 and the other 2 is our choice from which part to choose. My advice is that just do the best for 2 WT's and the other 2 make them as just a piece of evidence to IB and your teacher that you've completed them. ;) So good luck !

For HL your teacher will decide how many you do (no fewer than 4 -- and you may do more), but you submit officially two WT for external assessment. One of these will be the critical essay based on the prescribed questions.

The critical response must be based on material in the course, but this is where I would suggest you consult with your teacher and get the green light because, obviously, there is no way for the IB to check what materials were actually used, and I think most teachers accept material selected by you if it has bearing on the topics studied in the course.