Oxford interview offers / applicant stalking thread!

yii yann

Now that we are well and truly into the interview offer season for Oxbridge, the time has arrived to fret and bite our nails.

I've been receiving a lot of confusing information, so I'm hoping the pros at IBS can help me (and I'm sure quite a few others) out!

Has anyone received interview offers from Oxford yet? I know a number of Cambridge applicants already got theirs, but if I'm not wrong, Oxford sends them out a bit later.

Do they only notify you if you have an interview offer? Or do they also notify you if you are rejected, in the next few days?

Email or Snail mail? I've been contacting Queen's college through email so far, so I have good reason to expect to be notified by email, but I'm just checking.

I heard that if they do not reject you by now, you are most likely shortlisted for interview. Extremely mean rumour or do I stand a chance!

Also, TSR has a 2014 applicant stalking thread - where they post their grades and course applied to. Let's do that! I'll begin:

IGCSE: 9 As, 1 A* (yes, mediocre for an oxford applicant!)

IB: 44/45 (achieved already)

Course applied for: PPE

I was notified by email last year, and as far as I know, this is the way you will be contacted. Offers/rejections can come through either email or regular mail, but interviews are announced so late that it'd not be feasible to inform by regular mail, especially if the applicant has to book flights. I believe they do notify you, would be quite cruel not to, but I'm not sure about that. I personally was reallocated pre-interview (Merton didn't want me, my application was pooled and I was invited for an interview at New) and I received an email from Merton saying they decided not to invite me, but other college did.

I hope it helps and good luck. I know how stressful then next few days will be for you. :)

I was notified by email last year, and as far as I know, this is the way you will be contacted. Offers/rejections can come through either email or regular mail, but interviews are announced so late that it'd not be feasible to inform by regular mail, especially if the applicant has to book flights. I believe they do notify you, would be quite cruel not to, but I'm not sure about that. I personally was reallocated pre-interview (Merton didn't want me, my application was pooled and I was invited for an interview at New) and I received an email from Merton saying they decided not to invite me, but other college did.

I hope it helps and good luck. I know how stressful then next few days will be for you. :)

Thanks for the kind words Gaby :)

How long before your interview date were you notified?

Thanks for the kind words Gaby :)

How long before your interview date were you notified?

I was notified on 22nd of November last year and they asked me to be there on 4th of December

Have an upcoming interview at Merton for Law. I'm freaking out!

Wow! That's amazing :) Really hope you get in. Then when we're all actually there, we can have IBS parties every week ^^

hahahahahahahahaahah... This is funny, you thinking you'll have time for that. :P

• Like 4

Wow, congratulations! I'm really proud of you. When are you coming here?

Thank you! I'm not actually flying out to Oxford, it's too far for me in India. :P Oxford has great alternatives and I have a Skype interview on the day. At least I only have to be formally dressed above and can fiddle in my teddy pyjamas below where they can't see anything.

Wow! That's amazing :) Really hope you get in. Then when we're all actually there, we can have IBS parties every week ^^

Thanks, I hope so too! Best of luck to you too!

• 4 weeks later...

How did your interview go yii yann?

I have absolutely no idea.

Every time I think about what I said in my interview, I have a different opinion. Sometimes I feel like what I was said was so stupid that I do not even qualify for university education, at other times I thought what I said was very valid.

The general feeling I had was that I could've made points that were a little "higher order" if I wasn't so nervous.

My philosophy tutor was MEAN.

How was your Law interview!