What are my chances of getting in?

ShayHello

Hey everyone. I would like to honestly know my chances of getting into my schools with my stats and extra-curriculars. Please be honest, and also, do you guys have any tips on writing the personal statements? I'm having a really hard time with those =(

Thanks in advance!

ACADEMICS:

IB Diploma Candidate

SAT Score: 1910

ACT Composite Score: 29

4.2 weighted GPA / 3.6 unweighted GPA

Enrolled in Honors/AP courses throughout high school

EXTRACURRICULARS:

ASB Board Representative (act as a liaison b/t my school and my school district)

NHS (National Honor Society) President

Lead Attorney in Mock Trial for past 4 years

CSF Member

Founded an after-school tutoring program at a local elementary school (also a volunteer)

Personal tutor for a local 5th grade student (reading, writing, math)

Member of my church choir

ASB Junior Class President (2012-2013)

I'm interested in doing neuroscience/pre-med in college. The colleges I'm interested in are:

UCLA

UCSD

UC Berkeley

UC Davis

University of San Diego
University of San Francisco

University of Chicago

Columbia University

University of Rochester

damn! you are so SMART! Honestly you have a greater chance of getting in so don't panic. I actually think what you can include when writing your personal statement are: include your interest in subjects and backing it up with experiences and strengths in those particular subjects. Also, you could also make sure that you add your extra-curriculum activities as you have listed above, what led you into applying in this college/university and what your aim are in the nearest future...that's a little I can say for now. Try and go with the flow so that it is well organised and goodluck with it. :)

It would really depend on whether you are a minority or not, but assuming you are white

Reaches at:

UC Berkeley

University of Chicago

Columbia University

The rest should be ok, with UCLA as a high match school for you.

Thanks(= I am an Indian-American girl. Does that make a difference?

yes it makes it tougher because you are an over represented minority. it will not affect you that much with the UCs as they are more objective, but for columbia and uchicago it definitely works against you.

WOW seriously? Even if you have really good grades?

(im truly surprised to hear how big of an impact ethnicity has on college admissions....)