Hello!

I am going to write my first written task 2 very soon and was hoping I could get some advice. I have decided to write about Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, which is one of the works we have studied and the one I liked the most.

I am thinking about doing question 3) How and why is a social group represented in a particular way?

Here I could discuss how the social group of Kambili (the main character), which is rich and catholic, compares to the social group of her Grandfather and Aunt, which is more focused on the old Gods of Nigeria and are not very rich.

Do you think this is a good idea? Am I on the right track?

That, indeed, is a valid WT subject.

Next step: Have you thought why you have chosen these two in particular it is worthwhile comparing these ? Keep this in mind as work through things. You might only know by the end of your WT

Thank you! And I have, I will compare these because the difference between them are very apparent (and important) in the novel and affects the main character; her behaviour and her decisions.