do you guys think taking first year IB easy was a good idea?

light

well this is what i did.. i did take my first year IB a little easy but i do plan to take my 2nd year a bit more seriously so do you guys think it is too late to do so ? ohhh yes and it seems that my teachers have full confidence in me and say that i make a brilliant student ...??? any coments ???

Well it depends what subjects you are taking..

For me, it would've been a horrible idea because in IB1, I took my maths SL and french B SL exams. So if I had slacked off then, I wouldn't have done well on those exams. Also, I did my english A1 HL IOP in IB1, which counts towards 15% of my final english mark in year 1. And I finished my TOK in year 1, including the TOK essay and presentation, which is part of the 3 bonus marks.

Generally though, it's not a good idea to slack off in IB at all.

I slacked off in year 1 BUT I made sure I did well on most of the things that counted, like IAs and whatnot. Also, make sure you understand and can keep up with all the material being taught in class caus u don't wanna have to learn everything again in second year.

I would say 'get started as soon as possible' with anything that might toughen your way through IB2. Although it depends on what subjects you're taking, it's better to do things sooner than to have it complicated later. Believe me, if you slack too much, you'll end up having a hell of an IB2. Better to get some things done. I'm not telling you to do everything right now and start to panic today, just start doing some stuff that might get in the way later.