Subject Choice for College?

joeking

I'm not sure where I want to study yet.

But, I'm thinking on whether I should change my subject list or not.

Currently:

-Math, Economics, Business (HL)

-Chemistry, Eng LL, Spanish Ab initio

Possibly, would-be:

-Math, Economics, Business, Computer Science (HL)

-Eng LL, Spanish Ab initio.

Reason I'm changing from chem to c.sc is I feel c. sc. is more practical and makes more sense for me. A lot of kids in my school took 4 + HLs. I like computers. I would appreciate your inputs. Do colleges prefer more HLs/ greater scores?

From what I was told, Maths hl is pretty hard... Econ too is a little bit hard... If I were you I would not choose econ and business, I would choose between one of them because if ever you want to study business later, either one can be accepted.
The four subjects you have in hl seem so heavy to me but if it reallly interests you, I'm sure that it will not really bother you. However I would not advice you to choose these 4 in hl. The ib is very deep and requires much work.
The choices that might fit you are:

Hl: Business/Economics, Maths and the language in which you have better grades (the language can open some perspectives and it will be much less work, so more time to concentrate on the hardest subjects)

Sl: language, Chemistry and Computer Science
With maths hl and econ/business so many colleges will accept you plus you'll have a large size of options for your studies ;)

• 4 weeks later...

HL economics isn't so bad, it's just SL plus a few extra bits and pieces. I have no knowledge about Computer Science as a class since my school doesn't offer it, but I'd say that Chemistry is arguably my hardest HL, because I have to put a lot of work in to memorise definitions and explain theory, whereas in maths, although I have to put lots of practice in, it seems to come more naturally. At the end of the day, take the subjects you like the most.

Hope this helps!