Scholarship

Hooman Tavassolian

Hi everybody

I have begun DP last year. I have my predicted grade all in sevens. My subjects are English B HL, Physic HL, Chemistry SL,Georgaphy HL, Persian Sl (self tought) and Math SL. Most of my teachers idaelly expect that I could gain 6 or 7 in their subjects so I don't have any problem in my overall score ( I hope so! ). I have passed a SAT exam and I am trying to enhance it as much as I can. I scored 5 in AP in Calculus AB in May 2013 and I think I will go for more APs this year. I am eager to receive full schoalrships since I think my scores are capable of that. I would like to go for Mechanical Engineering in USA.

Does anybody know which university to apply?

^ If you can get into them, that is.

Those are good schools, but are insanely difficult to get into. If your scores (not just IB scores, your SAT scores, SAT II scores, extracurricular experiences, and teacher recommendations) are high/good enough, you stand a chance and could apply there, as it wouldn't hurt. It might also be worthwhile looking into some other schools that while still good, have a bit higher acceptance rate. This doesn't mean you have to go to a school that has like a 90% acceptance rate, but something with an acceptance rate of higher than like 10% might be better. Your best bet would be to google "best mechanical engineering schools in the US" or something like that, and see what comes up. From there you can look into those schools.

Scholarships might be harder to get as an international student, as those are mostly reserved for US students, but you might be able to get something for your grades.

• Like 4

Like Emmi said, getting scholarships as an international student is very difficult and rare with a lot of competition. You should definitely try to get them when applying, but don't apply to only top colleges in the USA, apply to some mid-colleges as well so that you have something to fall back on if all else fails.

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 3