English A1 Books

Abu

So I think I'm moving (again) to Auckland. Thankfully I've found a school that does the exams in May 2008 instead of the usual November. They have all my subjects except Business & Man. which I've decided to self-study, as it is one of my best subjects anyway.

So the question is about the A1 texts. Would I have much of a problem? I've done my world lit, final draft of which should be completed by the end of the month. All that needs to be done is the IOP and commentary. Would there be too many problems in doing this?

Cheers,

Aboo

So I think I'm moving (again) to Auckland. Thankfully I've found a school that does the exams in May 2008 instead of the usual November. They have all my subjects except Business & Man. which I've decided to self-study, as it is one of my best subjects anyway.

So the question is about the A1 texts. Would I have much of a problem? I've done my world lit, final draft of which should be completed by the end of the month. All that needs to be done is the IOP and commentary. Would there be too many problems in doing this?

Cheers,

Aboo

it depends on the school your going to, they have to notify the IBO that you are a transfer student, because for English A1 paper 2 exams, the examiners chosen for a certain school depend on the novels they study for part 3 (it's not the same for unseen commentary) so if an examiner is chosen with the idea that all the pupil in the school you're transferring to are doing, for example: beloved, the colour purple, and their eyes were watching God and you wrote about something else, I think you're paper won't be marked :P- that's what my english A1 teacher told us... check with your new IBC about how true this is... because examiners can't be expected to know every work on the IBO list! so this makes sense in a way...

so yea dude really you have to talk to your IBC about this :P

Definitely depends on school. They will have to register you as a transfer student. For A1 the teacher gives in a list of books that you did. Also if your new and old schools are doing different genres for Paper 2, you have to answer on the genre you registered for otherwise they mark you down considerably in Paper 2. So check with your new school and make sure they make it clear to IBO and examiners that you transfered and that's why your books are different from your classmates'

Other than that, I dont think it would cause much trouble in terms of your orals... :P

Thanks guys, knew I could depend on you two :P !

That's what the new IBC's said too, anyway, I'm not sure if I'm moving just yet, only gonna find out in stupid october.

Closed to ward off spam. :P If you want to use this thread again, let me know, Aboo.

HMS