Am I eligible for EU national fee status in Scotland?

rinik

I have been living in Macedonia my entire life but my mom is a Bulgarian national. I am one too and have been one for the last 3 years.I also have a Bulgarian passport. Would I still qualify for an EU fee status or am I considered an international student?

A lot of the times I see that you need to be a regular resident in an EU country but their are also section which say that if you are a decedent of a EU national that requirement does not apply to you. This is shown on the SAAS website and if you search a little the University of Edinburgh says the same. Does this apply for all other universities?

If I am considered and EU student what should I select as my country on my UCAS application and my postal address

• 1 year later...

You're a Bulgarian national so yes, technically, you should be considered to be an EU applicant. If you have any queries you can always write to the admissions of your university choices, I did this many times and they're really very understanding and they clarify any questions you have. Explain your situation to them and mention that you want to apply as an EU national. All should be good; they may request extra information like a copy of your passport or details about your mother's nationality and evidence of where you've been lilving etc.

Good luck!