ROTC for action hours (Rejected)

green5

I asked my IB coordinator (the one in my school) whether could my Rotc hours can be counted toward CAS or not.

At first I was hoping that it could count Service hours; however, the coordinator said that it CANNOT be counted in any of the Creativity hours, Action hours or Service hours. I really don't get why she said that to me, since from another post (http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/17143-can-military-service-count-as-cas/) the guy received credits for what he did.

My question is: what can I do? Is there anyone whom I can report this too?
please help, I am really struggling :'( thanks,

To be honest the IBO don't really regulate CAS, it's up to how your IB Co-ordinator interprets things. If it consoles you, I did exactly the same type of thing and got told that it didn't count for CAS because it goes against the ethos of the IB. Whoever was lucky enough to have their school say it was fine probably had an IB Co-ordinator who hadn't bothered to read the instructions properly for CAS. At the end of the day, there's nobody to complain to, CAS Co-ordinators make up their own local rules within your school and you just have to live with them.

For instance at my school, if you studied IB Music you were not allowed to count extra-curricular choir or music lessons as creativity for CAS, but I've never heard of this rule anywhere else. It's pretty random and does suck.

You'll have to find something else to do to get the hours. My advice: if you're ever considering an activity you want to count for CAS, make sure with the CAS Co-ordinator that it will count BEFORE beginning it. Unless you don't care if it gives you hours or not.