08/09 Prescribed Title # 5

joel8191

Well, Mushka...

You just need to understand the topic and play around with it. Talk about anything that you experience that is closed to the topic that you discuss. Say, is there any event that happen where when you learn something, the more you feel ignorant about it. And you can include quotes from Confucius and Socrates that has mentioned more or less about this. Go googling.

And, I suggest you to focus on at least two Area of Knowledge. Choose any two that you feel can be related to the quotes. And for this case, I think History and Natural Science will do. It's up to you.

Good Luck.. feel free to ask anything. I'm doing the same topic and done with it. :D

Well, Mushka...

You just need to understand the topic and play around with it. Talk about anything that you experience that is closed to the topic that you discuss. Say, is there any event that happen where when you learn something, the more you feel ignorant about it. And you can include quotes from Confucius and Socrates that has mentioned more or less about this. Go googling.

And, I suggest you to focus on at least two Area of Knowledge. Choose any two that you feel can be related to the quotes. And for this case, I think History and Natural Science will do. It's up to you.

Good Luck.. feel free to ask anything. I'm doing the same topic and done with it. :D

Avrila, I love you! simple as that!

you may have just saved my ass! :D

THANK YOU!!!!!

TOK is so subjective.

My first draft I received a 28/40, and then I changed it into a much better essay (at least that's what I thought, as it had more examples and was not completely bs), and received a lower mark instead... and I know that my original essay was definitely much worse.

So don't sweat about it OP. My TOK teacher said at the TOK convention, 3 different marks gave 3 different grades to the same essay eg. A, B, and C.

Well if knowledge was finite, then as we increase our knowledge, our ignorance should decrease right? But I found an example where even if knowledge is finite, our ignorance does not actually decrease.

Maybe you can talk about the famous unsolved problems? Those problems that the US government pays $1million for you to solve. If we did not gain knowledge, we could not have found out about those problems.

TOK is so subjective.

My first draft I received a 28/40, and then I changed it into a much better essay (at least that's what I thought, as it had more examples and was not completely bs), and received a lower mark instead... and I know that my original essay was definitely much worse.

So don't sweat about it OP. My TOK teacher said at the TOK convention, 3 different marks gave 3 different grades to the same essay eg. A, B, and C.

It really is. I did this topic for my draft and received 30/40. However, I lost most of my marks on Criteria D (4/10 :) maybe because I had no works cited :( ) so Criteria A, B, C were "okay". Hmm... funny since I thought my essay was completely ****. My claims really weren't objective and sometimes even "blind" or "biased". I would have given my essay a C or a low B at the most.

Just hope you get easy examiner(s). :(

It's funny how everyone tends to bull**** throughout their essays and then get a significantly good mark for them.

I'm just thinking, "what do the examiners think when they mark us?" I mean they're probably soo amused with our bull that they

just give up and say, "wow! most amusing one yet! an A :( hmm... this one's a bit boring... a C :( " or something like that.

I know that when I write my Essays I get soo wrapped up in the nonesense that I write that I feel like I stopped making sense anymore!

ahh well, that is perhaps the brilliance of TOK

first draft an "A",, it is good! i am doing the same topic but quite sure wont get a good grade.. this topic is actually hard.. I gave in my first draft and every criteria i lost the vital point.. Criteria A. no knowledge issues. B.should have more perspectives. C. need to work on the clarity. D. organisation needs work. so far its like an D or E... AHHHH..

YOU HAD DRAFTS? LUCKY!!! I gave mine in today..

ohh god, I doubt it would be a C though I'm hoping I'll surprise myself and get something like a C+? ahahah is that even possible?

anyways yea...

Well it's possible to have a C+ if you mean the top range of a C. Sadly, this would make no difference though as it's still a C.

But yes, we had drafts. I actually had 2 drafts because I kept changing it. :P

TOK is so subjective.

Now I am worried, I think I changed the essay a little bit too much. Well, who knows. My teacher told us that she was going to be suuper nice and that if she saw that the new essay was really worst than the first draft she will give us the chance to send the first draft without the chance to make any more changes. However, it will only be in extreme cases.

Hey guys,,, im also doing this topic..

I just realize if you say YES to the topic, it is quite easy to write about..

but if you say NO, its much harder i think,...

YES---- list some areas of knowledge, e.g. math, physics, show how ignorance can arise when we expand knowledge

NO---- in every area it seems the same, when you learn more you dont neccessarily increase the ignorance...

my opinion is kinda a generalization, but I cant compare different areas of knowledge when I disagree with the topic...

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY :drool: ((

Edited by shinejuly

Hey guys,,, im also doing this topic..

I just realize if you say YES to the topic, it is quite easy to write about..

but if you say NO, its much harder i think,...

YES---- list some areas of knowledge, e.g. math, physics, show how ignorance can arise when we expand knowledge

NO---- in every area it seems the same, when you learn more you dont neccessarily increase the ignorance...

my opinion is kinda a generalization, but I cant compare different areas of knowledge when I disagree with the topic...

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY :drool: ((

If you disagree and hate the title, then perhaps it's wiser to write about another title. Alternatively, if you choose to stick to the same title, evaluate TO WHAT EXTENT is the title true.

in order to obtain more knowledge, we increase our ignorance,

say if we we're to increase our knowledge in a science, biology, by doing so we would be relying more heavily on the theory of evolution as that is the basis for biology with genetics etc. this would mean that we would be increasing our ignorance in the field of religon.

only example i could think of, hope it helps~