G4 Umbrella topic- Water

12345mono

Hi guys, so our whole class came up with the umbrella topic/ main topic as water and first out group decided to have this as our RQ: To what extent can a car running on hydrogen be efficient ? So we divided our work areas as follows :

Physics: The designing of the model

Chemistry: We will use electrolysis for producing hydrogen

Now these two will be based on experiment wherein we will literally show a model car running on hydrogen in water

Biology: Talk about microbes in water that produce hydrogen

ESS: Talk about how this will benefit the environment

Okay, so these two will be like in presentation format with factual evidence.

The problem is, there is no chance our model is going to run on hydrogen. I mean we are talking about future here, wherein the researchers are working day and night for coming up with a car like this and how is it possible our model would do that and plus the model idea seems complicated

Now can you guys please advise me any topics on umbrella topic as water? Dont worry about the science divisions just advise an overall topic ? Thank you.

Well, I would say that if you can't really do anything to prove it... the topic is kind of forced. If it can't get through, how do you expect to be graded on it? You could always be able to talk about Hydrogen as a fuel and how it can be produced (it is a clean fuel so it involves ESS). So basically, you can do the same project centered on hydrogen (extracted from water?) as a fuel instead of the efficiency of the car. Measure energy outputs (maybe calculating time taken to change water in a fixed amount of degrees of termperature and use the formula to find out how much energy is being released, I can give you the formula if you would like to, I think I have it somewhere written from my science fair project last year).

Hope this was useful!