Brainstorming for EEs

chileanbob

Well summer's out and now I've got to do my EE before the next school year begins.
I was contemplating doing a historical EE and focus in on communism. I don't know how to exactly word it to be a precise, yet workable thesis/problem statement. I just want to evaluate communism in comparison to capitalism and why each of these systems fail and suceed in certain situations. I just need to formulate a thesis, problem statement, and how to narrow this broad topic [if necessary]. Does any body have any books, articles, sources or anything else to help me with this EE?

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='chileanbob' post='17922' date='Jun 5 2008, 11:16 AM']Well summer's out and now I've got to do my EE before the next school year begins.
I was contemplating doing a historical EE and focus in on communism. I don't know how to exactly word it to be a precise, yet workable thesis/problem statement. I just want to evaluate communism in comparison to capitalism and why each of these systems fail and suceed in certain situations. I just need to formulate a thesis, problem statement, and how to narrow this broad topic [if necessary]. Does any body have any books, articles, sources or anything else to help me with this EE?

Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

Well, for a historical EE, you'll probably need many references. An amazing site I've used for history papers is Questiaschool.com , it give you a free trial to see if you like it, and then you have to purchase it. But it has books, articles, poems...a LOT of resources, plus it does your bibliography FOR YOU and allows you to have folders for different projects and such. You should check it out! XD Even if you don't end up subscribing you could use your free trial period to give you some ideas on where to find sources. XD

• 3 weeks later...

I know it sounds kinda cliched... but you gotta write about something that has fascinated or interested you... this was my brainstorming process

capitalism [way too braod -> communism [still too broad] -> chile [too broad] -> communism in chile -> Salvador Allende in Chile [decent] -> To what extent was Salvador Allende considered a sucess for democracy [I'm still working on my title...]

just do the process of narrowing down...you can see that above

• 3 weeks later...

This is the sort of discussion i was looking for. i am also trying to start my EE. I really dont kno where to start. I am thinking of doing sumthing along the lines of political science <-- even thou its not big of a course i am taking (probably the closest course that i took related to the topic is civics or maybe american history.

any help is appreciated. Thanks :P

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! The things that have interested me range from everything under the sun...............not related to school topics. The closest I can get to a school topic is the probability of winning in a game of poker which would be a Maths EE - but who's ever heard of a Maths EE? *shudder*

Political science. Would that come under history? I think the hardest bit is to come up with a topic that is fairly concise but allows you to expand a lot. What are your thoughts?

AURON