Would this count for CAS?

Hello everybody :)

Recently I discovered this website where you can listen to audiobooks: http://librivox.org/

They are looking for volunteers to read classics. Do you think it could count as a CAS activity? If so, for which category?

Sure, it wouldn't be easy to find a supervisor who would read with me and stuff but I could always show them the final product so that they could see I worked on it. Wouldn't that be evidence enough?

Thank you in advance.

I think it could. I would say for Service, because you're volunteering your time and skill (reading the book). However, as outlined in the CAS Syllabus (which you should read if you haven't already), you need to make sure that this activity would also have a learning benefit for you (the student), particularly as with the CAS reflections you need to show personal growth in a variety of outcomes. So maybe it could be you reading books with challenging vocabulary.. or learning how to use audio programs/recording software.

I also think that just showing your supervisor the final product should be enough evidence. You'll certainly have plenty of audio recording to show them that you've been doing the activity.

And as everyone else says, checking with your CAS supervisor is a good idea, just to make sure. :)

• 1 month later...