Funding for CAS Projects

I don't imagine that that would count, no. Also what's the point in doing less than 5 minutes of CAS?? Blood donation is the least time consuming thing ever.

Oxfam are a good charity to donate to on the basis that they're a massive charity, trustworthy and also neutral so they don't discriminate in terms of who they help or what other messages they give them: https://donate.oxfam.org.uk/emergency/india

However I'm not sure they accept physical items. To be honest, if you're going to be raising money to buy food and medical supplies you may as well just give the money to them. They're best equipped in terms of deploying it most effectively - plus, you can doubtless get much more food for the same money locally, and medical supplies are both cheaper in bulk and many medical donations are un-useable because there are pretty stringent rules in terms of making sure you know where it came from, it's not been tampered with, it's still sterile etc. Basically I suggest you raise the money in whatever way you were going to and then donate it as the most effective way of helping people affected by this disaster. The money is likely to end up maximised in the places it is most needed.