Univ requirements and UCAS doubts.

Black Bird Lockheed

Hi there,

So basically want to know does ENG HL is enough or should I give IELTS for Oxford and Cambridge.( I have gone through the requirements , but it confuses me.). Also there is a column in UCAS asking for qualification like

1) Graduate and higher honors.

2) Below graduate and honors ( IB comes in that)

3) None.

Well when I have selected 2nd option they started asking marks ( I did not gave IB exams yet). Also why does UCAS asks for 21 pounds? And should I register through school or by individual.

Thanks!

If multiple people in your school aren't applying through UCAS you'll probably be better off applying as an individual. They ask for £21 because that's just the fee for applying to multiple universities through them. You can't apply straight to the university as an undergrad.

You can't apply now anyway. UCAS opens in September.

If multiple people in your school aren't applying through UCAS you'll probably be better off applying as an individual. They ask for £21 because that's just the fee for applying to multiple universities through them. You can't apply straight to the university as an undergrad.

No UCAS 2014 is opened now, and AWB should personal statements be formal or informal?

No UCAS 2014 is opened now, and AWB should personal statements be formal or informal?

Formal.

And I don't think you can't submit any applications yet.

I think you can start working on your application, but you can't formally submit it yet.

What level of English are you doing, Akash? Is it English A Lit, A Lang and Lit or B HL? If it's English A Lit, then I wouldn't bother with IELTS/TOEFL, if it's A Lang and Lit, I would call up admissions and ask if they think it's enough or not. If it's English B, I would definitely encourage you to take the proficiency exam.

The Graduate and Higher Honours column is if you've already completed an undergraduate/graduate degree, and are applying for another degree. This doesn't apply to you.

Your IB marks are your predicted scores. If you've registered through your school, when you submit your application, it follows on to your referee who will/should insert your predicted marks. I think even if you register as an individual, the application is forwarded to your referee for his/her recommendation anyway, that's when they probably fill in your predicted scores. But I would check what UCAS has to say about it.

Right now though, I would encourage you to work on your Personal Statement, getting that done is the biggest hurdle. It's a formal essay and should ably evince your passion and love for the course you're applying for.

• Like 1