What IT related courses are there with my subjects?

Kili-ng Me Softly

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been 2 weeks since you posted this but maybe you'll see this anyway, or it'll help someone else who's interested in IT. :)

I think the best thing to do would be to go to the website of the university/ies you're thinking of going to, and look up what courses they have to offer.

Some IT and IT related courses that universities may offer are:

• Bachelor of Information Technology
  • Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems
  • Bachelor of Telecommunication and Information Technology
  • Bachelor of Science in Games Development
  • Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
  • Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing
  • Bachelor of Computing (Information Systems)
  • Bachelor of Computer Science
  • Bachelor of Design and Animation
  • Bachelor of Statistics and Programming

Or you could combine a Bachelor of (Science in) Information Technology with a Bachelor of Business/Arts/Law (although again, depends on your universities!)

I'm not interested in IT so I don't really know the specifics of what each course is.. but if you look up the courses your uni has, it'll also most likely have what each course is about and you might be able to start researching which one you'll be most interested in :) Or try talking to your careers advisor if you have one?

To be honest, for IT I don't think the subjects you do have that much impact on what courses you can do. I don't think there's any assumed knowledge for IT, except maybe english?, although doing ITGS will certainly be an advantage to you.

I hope this helps! :)