World Lit paper

nicole_b3

So I am supposed to format a thesis statement for my IB English class, we are writing our 1300-1500 ib essay and I have no clue what the thesis is supposed to include because my teacher is very vague. are we expected (in world literature our books are The Stranger, Woman at Point Zero, and Chronicle of a Death Foretold) to compare or contrast two of the 3 books?

No, you're getting confused with the old IB English course... Let me explain :)

Before (not sure when the change happened, pretty sure it was only 2 years ago) this aspect of the course was called World Literature and each student had to write two papers, and one had to be a comparison of two texts.

Now, this aspect (part of the English A Literature course) is called Texts in Translation and it requires just one 1300-1500 word essay, which you are allowed to do on just ONE of the books.

For example, mine is 'Duong Thu Huong's utilisation of the motif of food to reflect the tension between change and tradition in Paradise of the Blind'. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Like 1