heyy y'all, so i'm trying to get a history IA topic approved, i was told my first two were too linear, so i'm wondering if y'all think this would work:

To what extent did Theodore Roosevelt's foreign policy (1901-1909) lead to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor?

any tips would be really appreciated!

thanks!

I think this could possibly work. My only worry is that 'foreign policy' might be a little bit broad when you start to do your research for your IA. What I would do in your case is to begin researching under your current topic (if your teachers approve it), and if you find you have too much information, pick possibly one or two diplomatic actions or treaties during that time period under Roosevelt that you could work with. You only have about 600 words to present all of your evidence and about 600-800 words to analyze that evidence, and while that seems like a lot now, when you actually begin to write you'll find that 600 words is absolutely nothing (that's like two or three solid paragraphs). Because of that you'll want to have a really narrow question. Good luck :)