What do you mean? If you're referring to Language A (fluent) and the World Literature Coursework of 1200-1500 words, Higher Level no longer does 2. 2012 and before, there were 2 both marked out of 20 for HL, now both SL and HL do one marked out of 25, and unseen paper 1 has been changed from /25 to /20 to balance it.

If you're talking about Language B/ab initio (non-fluent but with some experience/starting from scratch) then the answers you're looking for will be in the Language B sub-forum not Language A, I think you might mean this one because of the word 'rationale.' As of 2013, Language B and ab initio students have to do a written assignment. I don't know how this equates to words as I do Japanese characters but I think you divide by 2: Language B SL have to do 200 characters (100 words) rationale and a main body of 600-800 characters (300-400 words) as for ab initio, all I know is that it is less and has to involve a bibliography and comparisons between culture of own country and country you are learning about.

For Language B/ab initio, unless it has changed again there is only one written task. At my school, I did a practice one in year 12/IB1 for my predictions, and then did the real one in December 2012 (6 months before exams).

I think you misunderstood. English A Lang&Lit does have write something called 'Written Task.' SL is supposed to write three written tasks, and the best one will evaluated, whilst HL writes four, and two will be sent in.

As for the outline, it is not exactly the same as the rationale. You're only supposed to write 3-4 key points about what your text is all about. However, you are supposed to write this in class with your teacher! The guide doesn't say much about the outline itself, so I'd talk to your teacher. In short, though, it's 3-4 key points which can be written as bullet points.

• Like 1