New question number system issue... help

braindead

Okay basically, I re-read the little booklet thing I received before the exams telling me how to fill in the new formats with the digital numbers and stuff. I'm not completely stupid so I can manage the writing of the numbers themselves..

My issue is, in my English and History exams I went over 1 booklet, and my answer overlapped into the second... but I didn't write the question number in the second booklet, like the total fool I am. Am I screwed? Are my essay structuring marks lost to eternity? Please, tell me white lies!

Although the IB warns about such occurrences, I have gotten the impression that they are exaggerating heavily in order to prevent such mistakes.

If you closely read the IBO website, it says that they are aware that mistakes are going to happen, and that only in the rarest cases such formality mistakes have actual consequences.

Also, since this entire scanning system was implemented rather late in the year, they are most likely expecting a LOT of mistakes.

Therefore I wouldn't worry too much, after all.. It seams somewhat trivial to expect the continuation of an answer in the next booklet, given that the previous booklet was filled and the answer not complete. Even if the number is missing; the biggest problem that could occur would the computer not showing the examiner. However as soon as the examiner sees that parts of your answer appear to be missing, he must message the IBO and "request" for the rest to be searched.

Good luck and best regards,

P.S: only very little of what I wrote was a white "lie" ;)

• Like 2

Hey there!

I've been told that the IB does not actually scan the answers and send them electronically to the examiners this year, seeing that they introduced this new system to the schools quite late in the school year. As a result, the fact that you did not write a number in the second booklet should not have too much of a say.

I think that Claudiosee is also correct in saying that the IBO have prepared for many mistakes this year, again because it is a new system. It would be foolish if they did not prepare for any mistakes at all when they implement a completely new way of doing things.

I guess also that if you did (as you should) somehow indicate that your answer continues (like "question n continued"), you should be fine as the folks will most likely see a red flag when there is no number in the booklet.

• 1 year later...

Someone please help me! So I just remembered for the Biology HL Paper 2, I carelessly did not write the question numbers in digital format for the two questions I answered in Section B. Will IB penalize me for that? And what are the possible consequences that I would face? I am really worried and regretful!