English B extended essay

Hello everybody,

I want to write my extended essay in English. I live in Majorca and this is where Robert Graves lived. I want to compare his view of Mallorca and the view of his sons through their books. My tutor worries that maybe I should include another focus point apart from this. The three of them wrote books about their lives in Majorca and I thought it would be interesting. What do you think?

Thank You

Perhaps you should narrow your focus, like how their political view of Majorca has affected their lives. And if it isn't enough, write about another view that may have impacted him as well.

Just asking, but what aspect are you putting this under? For Language B EEs, they have to either be: a) about literature written in that language, or b) about a cultural aspect, e.g. someone last year wrote about las corridas and animal rights for her Spanish EE.

• Like 1

Then you'll have to choose which section it goes under, like are you going to focus on analysing the texts (like your A1/Group 1 language) or look specifically at the cultural aspect? (In my opinion, it sounds like you're doing the cultural aspect.) And then propose it to your supervisor. :)

• Like 1