Imperial vs Boston University

kok1223

Can anyone give me some suggestions on which school will be better for Biological sciences? The reputation and overall ranking of Imperial is definitely higher but I would like to know if in term of Biology? My dad is saying that he thinks the US is better in sciences and so he thinks BU is better to study Biology than Imperial. What do you guys think? Thanks

Can anyone give me some suggestions on which school will be better for Biological sciences? The reputation and overall ranking of Imperial is definitely higher but I would like to know if in term of Biology? My dad is saying that he thinks the US is better in sciences and so he thinks BU is better to study Biology than Imperial. What do you guys think? Thanks

Imperial is definitly a good university and in this ranking http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2012/biological-sciences scores way above boston(it is true that US is better than Uk in the sciences but in my opinion boston is not comparable to imperial)

Edited by bale

Academically, and reputation-wise - Imperial without a question. Imperial is also considered top-tier in the UK, whereas BU is a very mid-tier university, comparable with places like Northeastern and NYU - certainly not as good as Imperial.

But consider living environments. London is well, London. Boston gives you the big city experience but with a small-town feel, better student culture, and cheaper overall.