HL geography is so hard. Help

KIN

Geography HL is harder than it appears. I'm not sure what advice I can give that is useful! Just make sure you have good, concise notes for geography with relevant case studies for most of the syllabus. And practising writing exam responses. Also, doing well on the IA, worth 20%, is useful. There's a lot of information online and in textbooks relevant to geography, the difficulty is figuring out what you need to memorise for exams, and synthesising it into responses you can write out very quickly.

Ah, I wish I could take my own advice. Anyway, here are some more posts already on this forum about Geography, and preparing for it:

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/23542-geography-case-studys-are-they-that-important/

Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...

Geography HL really takes time compared to SL because of the difference of the number of topics we need to cover. Make sure you have detailed notes for each of the topics, with case studies so that you can use as examples in the exam. Going over past papers also helps. However, once you start understanding how geography works, it's not hard to understand! For me its just the amount we have to remember :)

Edited by JadeM