IB Film project

ibsucksoutyoursoul

Okay so I'm taking IB film HL and the 6-7 minute film is due sometime next month and I really really don't want to use original music because, well I'm not a very musical person and making music on garage band or whatever we use just sucks. I feel like the music I have in mind to use just fits the story so well and to make my own would probably compromise the entire film. So my question to you is do you think I'll lose a lot of points for unoriginal music? And do you think my reasons are worth the points? Because to be honest I'd rather lose some points than ruin my movie, but I feel like I'm second guessing a lot...

I'm not in IB film or have ever taken some but I know copyright and film.

Go look for remixes of the song online, also just find a royalty free song online I can link you loads of sites I know that have a database full of royalty free songs but you have to quote me if you want them.

Also in film, music can really empower a scene emotionally but its the editors choice whether music is good or not for that certain scene so... if you feel like music will ruin it then obviously don't add it.

You can't use copyrighted music in the film at all. Most songs off YouTube are copyrighted however there are tons of sites with lots of different songs that are all uncopyrighted. What I did for my project was had a friend who was musically talented (as I'm not) sit down with me and create a piece that better fit the movie, and in the end it worked out great. Then in your commentary you would just talk about how you personally aren't musically artistic so you had someone else help you with a song. The "perfect song" can be easily immitated on Garage Band by someone who's good at it!