Are you allowed to handwrite a maths SL Internal Assessment ?

Chris Buldain

Basically, i have to do an internal assessment on Lacsap's Pyramid, and i was wondering if i could hand write the internal assessment rather than typing it up since i do not have the new microsoft word, or a good graphing program on my laptop. If i can't, could someone suggest a good word documenting software and graphing program, many thanks, Chris.

Criterion B:

- The student provides complete, coherent explanations or arguments, and communicates

them clearly using appropriate forms of representation (for example, symbols, tables,

graphs, and/or diagrams).

Criterion E

- The student makes full and resourceful use of a calculator or computer in a manner that

significantly enhances the development of the task.

Criterion F

- The student has shown an outstanding quality of work.

As you should aim for the highest scores in each criteria. I have pasted the information regarding the "quality" of work and as Criterion E strictly specifies the use of computer. I would highly recommend using the computer even if handwritten is allowed which i believe isn't because for regression models and all that, you ought to use technology :/

EDIT:

You shouldn't have to have the latest microsoft word. However if you want you can download openoffice for free. You may use logger pro as the graphing software. I've used it for both IAs and i produced some magnificent graphs with it. It is easier to learn as well.

Edited by shad0wboss