Frequent Topics For History Paper 2

Jamal102

I'm in the middle of my review for the exams in May. While looking over ways to review for IB History HL Paper 2, I always find people that state that there are one or two mandatory question types that come up on every exam. Unfortunately, no one ever expands on these questions. I'm assuming the the causes, nature, and results of both World Wars is one of those 'must-know' topics that always comes up. Does anyone no any other ones? Don't have access to recent past papers.

Cheers in advance

Oh and PS. How the heck do I motivate myself to work after getting acceptances from all these colleges? :/

Not only Stalin's rise to power, but also his consolidation of power and economic policies are quite common. Comparing two dictators from different regions isn't that uncommon either. Mao was according to my teacher pretty common in previous years, but he isn't that much used nowadays. Questions about democratic states, particularly Weimar Republic, aren't that uncommon either.

Something to keep in mind: Paper 2 is divided into five different topics, and you must choose one question from two of these topics. According to my teacher, the topics that are used nowadays are:

1. Causes, practices and effects of war
  2. Democratic States - challenges and response
  3. Origin and development of authoritarian and single-party states
  4. Nationalist and independence movements in Africa and Asia and post-1945 Central and Eastern European States
  5. The Cold War

If you know something significant from each of these topics, you should be well covered for the exams.

• Like 1