French AB Initio

billz270

read section on ab initio here

The language ab initio course is organized into three themes.

• Individual and society

• Leisure and work

• Urban and rural environment

Each theme has a list of topics that provide the students with opportunities to practise and explore the

language as well as to develop intercultural understanding. Through the development of receptive,

productive and interactive skills, students should be able to respond and interact appropriately in a defined

range of everyday situations. Each language ab initio course has a language-specific syllabus (see the

Language ab initio guide “Syllabus content”) that is used in conjunction with the guide. Language ab initio is

available at SL only

Edited by shad0wboss

basically, you write a supervised essay (like in language B if you have it, you sit in the classroom like on exams just earlier ;d) about the chosen topic which is, I believe, about differences between french culture and your culture in some aspect. The essay is 200-300 words long as far as I remember and as you can read in a syllabus, its under three separate headings with particular content in it. I recommend that you look for specific criteria in google, it will be easier to write, because in syllabus not everything is precisely explained. And you write on IB sheets just like your exam papers. And then when you have an oral exam, the teacher asks about your work, why you chose the topic etc. which is a form of rational. I saw the answer above but since I already started writing... hope it helps ;)

Edited by maereth