Cry for help : Economics IA

Hey everyone! I usually don't come here asking for help, but I'm quite helpless this time. When I handed in my margin notes for the IA (microeconomics), the teacher said the article was great, and when I did the IA, when she gave it back, she yelled at us for not even being able to chose an article and also told me without a second look that my article isn't fit for the IA purposes. Could you please take a look and tell me what you think? Because I'd rather keep the article, cause obviously I can't find better ones. Thank you in advance!

the article : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9707673/Multi-buy-alcohol-deals-face-ban-under-minimum-price-plans.html

That is definately an IA topic type article. Whenever my teacher was teaching us how to do the IA she used this topic as an examplar IA topic.

Having said that, to make your IA stronger you could search for an article with the exact same topic that also speaks of the negative externalities associated with excessive alcohol consumption. I.e an article which mentions the effect excessive alcohol has by costing the NHS more money due to the hight alcohol influenced admission rate and health problems, as well as the high number of alcohol-related crimes.

This way you could have a second/ third graph about negative externalities.

It should be easy to find an article on the same topic. Just search minimum pricing (or price) alcohol into google or the specific news site you want the article from. Then pick one which mentions the effects.