Chemistry Papers 1-3 (MAY08)

Guest valem

Guest valem

hey guys!

so what do you think about chemisrty exams?paer 1 2 &3?

to be honest i thought that paper 3 was harder compared to previous years...our options were chemical industries and further orgnaic chemisry.

its so weir I'm not able to predict how i did in chemisrty.. :)

I thought P1 and section A of P2 were quite difficult :\ but section B of P2 was ridiculously (and surprisingly) easy. P3 was also ridiculously easy.

It's weird because usually section B of P2 is supposed to be harder than section A but it was reversed. I absolutely hated the questions in section A.

I am surprised to say this... but may 08 chemistry examinations (P1, P2 and P3) were strangely easy... i mean i've studied harder than this and the questions that they asked could be answered by a student who has not studied the whole syllabus in depth!... some questions in paper 1 were REALLY REALLY straight-forward (kinda reminds me of IGCSE chemistry multiple choice lol)... if i compare it to may 07 P1 for example... its WAY easier... P2 section A was not as easy... i struggled with a couple of questions but i did not care alot because section B was almost free marks given to us lol... i did questions 5 (energytics and equilibrium) and question 8 (organic) and they were both really easy questions.... i stayed away from the ugliest chapter in chemistry (bonding) and VSEPR... i also liked the questions in section B as they offer you the chance to pick the subjects your good at and leave others (in my case bonding)... i am just hoping that they do not raise the boundaries alot this year with these easy exams... P3 was the ugliest between them... i hate biology and everything related... therefore i did not do well in the option human biochemistry... but option D: environmental chemistry was better... all in all i am satisfied with chemistry (wish i didnt study as hard as i did lol)... so far i am finding May 08 exams easy... i just hope physics HL is the same too !!

i cant believe how easy the papers were... i dont think i did so well in paper 1 cuz i just hate multiple choice and i whizzed through them

but paper 2 was the EASIEST THING EVER

and paper 3 was a piece of cake.. we did industrial and further organic

so simple :)

lets hope physics HL is just as easy XD

Guest valem

I hated Section A in paper 2!!!!!For section B i did energetics and equilibrium and bonding! the bonding question was pretty straight forward..i thought! paper 3 was not good...i hated the 9 point question in chemical industries.....soooo ugly!

for the ones that took further organic chemisrty in paper 3 how many equations did you include?

:)

I hated Section A in paper 2!!!!!For section B i did energetics and equilibrium and bonding! the bonding question was pretty straight forward..i thought! paper 3 was not good...i hated the 9 point question in chemical industries.....soooo ugly!

for the ones that took further organic chemisrty in paper 3 how many equations did you include?

:)

Agreed, I hated section A in p2 too..the questions weren't really like any of the past papers. Especially the one with oxygen and hydrogen gas in the boxes..wasn't expecting that. And I hate acids/bases so I was unhappy to see that it came up in section A.

I did the first 2 questions in section B..rates/bonding and the equilibrium one, I thought both were pretty easy.

Paper 3 was also very easy but I had different options, I did environmental and modern analytical.

Agreed, I hated section A in p2 too..the questions weren't really like any of the past papers. Especially the one with oxygen and hydrogen gas in the boxes..wasn't expecting that. And I hate acids/bases so I was unhappy to see that it came up in section A.

I did the first 2 questions in section B..rates/bonding and the equilibrium one, I thought both were pretty easy.

Paper 3 was also very easy but I had different options, I did environmental and modern analytical.

The acids and bases question was quite straight forward/i think i got lucky :) - you just had to arrange pk equation and then shove in the value of [H+] into the log formula - I did questions 5 and 6 for the 2nd part - had a mind blank on explaining why the boiling points were different at the end of the bonding one though =/ oh well it's over! XD

Guest LauraheartsLife

Paper 1 was fine

Paper 2 was awesome :):) it couldn't have been any easier

Paper 3 was okay

I failed the end of year exam in Lower 6th and the mock but i think i have definately passed

With very little revision :D

now every1 is scaring me :D especially since i suk at chemistry hahaha... maybe i didnt do as well as i thought...

for paper 2 section B i did the 1st 2 questions.. i found them to be really straight forward

and section A the last Q was the only tricky part abt it.. or so i think hehe dunno

Paper 1: Beautiful! It was prettty good times.

Paper 2: Ahhh ****ed up Section A COMPLETELY. Section B was decent but I'm sure I found a way to screw that up as well.

Paper 3: A GIFT! Sooooo easy. I actually had time to stop and take a break and think about my plans that afternoon.

Overall: 1 + 3 were amazing... 2 is going to keep me from getting a 7... or 6... maybe :)

Paper 1: Beautiful! It was prettty good times.

Paper 2: Ahhh ****ed up Section A COMPLETELY. Section B was decent but I'm sure I found a way to screw that up as well.

Paper 3: A GIFT! Sooooo easy. I actually had time to stop and take a break and think about my plans that afternoon.

Overall: 1 + 3 were amazing... 2 is going to keep me from getting a 7... or 6... maybe :)

I agree section A was difficult than normal... but i hope u get that 7 u want !! anyways i always think of my plans after the exam DURING MY EXAM lol!

TZ2:

Paper 1: Beautiful! It had a couple of questions that needed thinking but in general, it was fine.

Paper 2: Section A also needed some time to handle, but it was fine too (I guess? I really have a low self esteem :) ). In Section B I remember choosing questions 5 (energetics, equilibrium and bit of organic) and 8 (organic chemistry).

Paper 3: Lovely :) .. Did options B (Medicines and Drugs) and C (Human Biochemistry) and they were simple and straightforward (guess?? :) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i thought paper 1 and 3 were like super easy.

but paper 2 was so hard!

in our class we did practice paper 2s all the time and it was still very difficult.

for section b i did the first question. what did everyone else pick?

Wow - there are so many people claiming that the chemistry papers were easy this year. That could mean that the marking boundaries are going to be very tight. I would rather have a very hard paper than an easy one, so that you get some grace marks and leniency with the grading boundaries.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Paper 1 and Paper 3 were fairly doable - as long as students studied it really well. Paper 2 threw me off a bit because the questions tested were on things that we didn't really go over in class.

Man, I wish the mark boundaries would not be too high for this session.

it's been a while...but i believe i remember thinking that MC was insanely hard..but my teacher went over it with us right after and i found myself doing fine on it... but otherwise the other papers... i can't even remeber which paper is what now.. were ok. like....oh the options paper was so stupid..it basically gave you the answers for half the questions i did for my topic (environmental/industrial chemistry)..it was free marks!