Extended Essay Topic Advice

I have to develop my Extended Essay Topic and one of the things I wanted to study was the role of the Church in Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials. I actually wanted to focus on the entire censorship issue with the novels and how it affected the film adaptation, but I don't think with my topic I would be able to. Would I be able to write about those issues in relation to my topic?

Edited by Guest

Writing EE is not so much about the topic as it is about showing that you have done the research. I think your topic makes sense. You should start to investigate and write and see where that leads you. I find that the most important thing in writing EE is you interest. If you are equally interested in your topic throughout the process, your EE will definitely be good. However, talk with your supervisor to see how far can you go with this topic. It is not difficult to change your RQ along the process if your investigation goes in different direction :)