Study French

Sara Jog

I would like to do a major in french studies and I thought that an immersion for a year or two would be the best in France.

Could you guys short list a few universities where I can study French explicitly in France.

Paris could be great, also other cities. Thanks.

#Would be helpful.

• Like 1

I would like to do a major in french studies and I thought that an immersion for a year or two would be the best in France.

Could you guys short list a few universities where I can study French explicitly in France.

Paris could be great, also other cities. Thanks.

#Would be helpful.

Here's a list of universities. Paris would be a nice place to study despite the fact that there are a lot of foreigners there. I would suggest Lyon as well and you might consider Geneva (Switzerland). University of Geneva is a pretty good university.

What about other cities in 'France' and not any other francophone country.

Ironic, considering I lived 5 mins away from University of Geneva.

I mean, i like in Geneva so i can tell you suggest how the universities in Switzerland are. If i was fluent at french, i would have chosen University of Geneva to study further in French. It is ranked 69th according to the Shanghai ranking as of 2012, in the world, so pretty decent i must add. However if you think that you want to study in France then i would suggest Paris or Lyon as they are the major cities with good universities really that i know of. You'll find more here and there but really they might not be as good as the ones in these two cities.

btw do you want to study French or study in french? because if you're thinking about studying in french, then the best university in the francophone region i can think of, is Ecole polytechnique federale de lausanne, ranking 27th in the world but the requirements are 38 credits without bonus as it's a poly-technique institute

Edited by shad0wboss

I would like to study french as teaching as a foreign language course. University of Geneva sounds like an option but what exactly are its requirements?

Paris or Lyon, could you list down some good universities in these cities respectively if you know some?

thank you.

Probably HL French

btw good luck with that... the fact that I have to do french at school is killing me and you WANT to STUDY french at uni. You must be freakishly smart hahaha

Good Luck again... are you actually french or do you just like the language?

Another Good Luck because if you are not french and you still want to study it is just shocking! But clever... especially from my perspective :D

Haha, born in the USA. Lived in Geneva for a year. Indian parents, but yes I want to study french.

I am endorsed into that kind of culture, language, style, you name it.

Thank you!

I am doing my EE in public health in francophone countries and Im having a tough time framing my research question.

Think you could help?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...