Group 4 Topic

desi070496

So for out overall group 4 topic it is the correlation between natural disasters and climate. So my group's natural disaster is tsunamis. From a bio point of view. Out " supervisor" hasn't really told us anything or tried to help us out. Different people are telling us different things. I was first just wondering when this is due? I was thinking of drowning plants and then measuring the CO2 emissions over the weeks as it decomposes. I don't really see how any experiment I do can be accurate, but would that be fine with ib?

Your teacher should have told you or at least you should know how long group 4 is. If i remember correctly, it is a week long where you "might" get a weekend and have to present it by Friday or something. I don't think your teacher is supposed to give you ideas but to help you with your topic which you have to decide upon. You should have been told (or your group should have) a main theme. For us it was "greener campus" and what our group was working on was "solar panels" where my specialized group had to come up with renewable energy plans (physics) and provide the data, about how much of what would be needed to produce x amount of energy to suffice y amount of needs. If you have chosen physics as one of your subjects, you can maybe try to come up with a Tsunami model? Measure different variables (wavelength, amplitude etc)...

You've got at least more than 2 students in your group. You guys should be able to figure out something. Also remember that even if you don't get the correct results, you won't be graded down for that. Read the criteria for group 4 :)