Reflective Statement-confused

guys im quite confused as to how the reflective statement should look like...i know we are supposed to write it after the class discussion but does that mean we need to write it during the class? if so it means that it's supposed to be handwritten?

apparently that's what my teacher thinks but since it's worth three marks and is sent to ib shouldn't it look more official? :/

guys im quite confused as to how the reflective statement should look like...i know we are supposed to write it after the class discussion but does that mean we need to write it during the class? if so it means that it's supposed to be handwritten?

apparently that's what my teacher thinks but since it's worth three marks and is sent to ib shouldn't it look more official? :/

I don't think it's marked, your teacher's probably wrong. At least when we typed it out, our teacher said that it's just there because sometimes IB do ask for the reflection to see whether it's student's own work or there are chances of plagiarism.

It can be handwritten as well. Why do you think that handwriting reflection is non professional when you do your language commentary and essay by hand?

Well, I dont know about everybody else, but my teacher said it's graded. In any case, assume it is graded and write the essay! I was confused at the beginning too, but as you start writing it, it gets easier. Just outline what you did in class (interactive sessions about the context/culture, etc.) and how/if it changed YOU and the way you interpreted that particular play/novel/book. Handwritten's completely fine as said above. In fact, some of the IB coordinators have said that hand drawn graphs and drawings in the science lab reports must be looked favorably upon.

Good luck :-)

It is assessed and marked if you are doing Language A1: Literature. It will be part of your Written Assignment and is worth the max of 3 marks out of 25 marks. All of that is in the Language A1: Literature-guide on page 35.

And no, you should not be writing it in class by hand. It should be typed on a computer and placed after your title page in the Written Assignment and before the actual Written Assignment. What you should be writing in class and by hand though is the Supervised Writing.

EDIT: If you are doing Language A1: Language and Literature there is no such thing as a Reflective Statement that is compulsory for any of the books you read.

@shad0wboss: You are talking about the Supervised Writing which is supposed to be written in class by hand.

Edited by dniviE
  • Like 1

What dniviE said is right - supervised writing is written in class and is not sent anywhere, reflective statement is sent with your WA and assessed according to criteria that can be found in the Language A: Literature guide. I Language A: Language and Literature, there are no reflective statements or supervised writings, WA is replaces with WT.

Just to make things clear. :)

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Question answered.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff